Thursday, March 24, 2011

Beth's first day at Stowe



Well folks, we welcomed spring with some beautiful bluebird days and spring skiing. And as I mentioned we also welcomed spring with SNOW! Yup, that’s right we got about 10” of the fresh stuff Tuesday. The trails and glades have a new life to them, and it is just what we needed mixed with colder days to make it last longer to keep the season going long and strong.

Today I skied with my sister Beth for the 1st real time. Yup, that’s right, she is in her third season, and I finally got a chance to ski with her. Beth cut her college classes today to come ski at Stowe for the first time ever and she LOVED it! I pushed her a bit out of her comfort zone and it paid off. It began as a beautiful bluebird day, then some clouds rolled through, but the skiing was fun! We started the morning off on the gondola, moved to the quad, then Spruce. We had a delicious lunch at the Great Room Grill and skied Spruce a bit more then it was back to the gondola to finish off the day. All in all we took about ten runs and just enjoyed today’s beauty.

Today I was skiing on a demo pair of skis from Skier Shop. They were the Soctt Rosa in a 158, and I really liked them. They were a lot of fun and responded well to what I asked of them. I think the best way to find a ski you love is to try out as many as possible first and that has been my goal so far this season. I will keep you posted on other skis I try out!

There is some snow in the forecast so tune up the skis again, winter is defiantly not over!

- Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
We are an energetic group of men & women who all share a passion for skiing, riding and living a mountain lifestyle.