Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Winter Update

Greetings! My name is Megan and I am your guide for everything Stowe. Right now, we are celebrating another fresh snowfall -- at least 24-28 inches on the mountain. There has been some turbulent weather over the last few days – some rain, some wind and then lots of snow. The skiing and riding are epic and we are anticipating at least one more storm in the forecast this week. All the other snow enthusiasts and I are gearing up for a great month of skiing.

I will be sharing my adventures in the greater Stowe area because this is one of the most beautiful places year round. These mountains and valleys have so much character, though most people never fully realize its excellence until they live here. While everyone knows about winter sports, such as skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, and ice climbing, there are so many other interesting things happening on and off the mountain. Each season offers so many opportunities for adventure from rock climbing, hiking and cycling to more relaxed activities such as dining, store browsing, and relaxing.

Just in case you were wondering, I came to Vermont 5 years ago, and I have fallen in love with this cool northern state. As a first season Ski instructor with ski and snowboard school here at Stowe Mountain Resort, I am learning so much about the mountain while I am teaching young children how to ski. During some of my off-ski hours, I also work as a sales associate at a local ski shop. So please join me each week while I share an insiders view of Stowe, Vermont. - Megan

1 comment:

  1. alright! hopefully you can provide good updates for those of us trekking to stowe one last time this season.

    ill be up next week. hopefully the snow will stick around.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
We are an energetic group of men & women who all share a passion for skiing, riding and living a mountain lifestyle.