Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Powder Day!


107, that is how many days I have skied so far this season. This is the most I have ever skied in one season, and while it is a lot, it is also very rewarding. As spring time approaches, most people are now thinking beaches, summer, and sun, and Stowe has still gotten snow every single day this month! Yup, today was a powder day! It has been endless, and we all feel very fortunate that the skiing is still so good.

This past weekend my friend and I realized we did not have many pictures of ourselves skiing, and we went out after work to obtain pictures some. And it was a successful mission. But it made me think for the past 100-plus days I have been so focused on skiing I was documenting memories internally and not externally through photographs. This is strange because I love photography and pictures. Some people stop every 5 seconds to take an image, and it took me months to pause and take a few pictures. I find that pictures are great reminders of those wild and crazy adventures with friends.

Other than the powder we have been getting, the big news is the big “C” word… the scheduled closing day is April 17th, but with all of this snow even if the mountain closes, I believe there will be a lot of hiking in the future to make those turns.
- Megan

2 comments:

About Me

My photo
We are an energetic group of men & women who all share a passion for skiing, riding and living a mountain lifestyle.