Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bacon Brothers Concert Review


Walking up to Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center I had no idea where my tickets were going to be, all I knew was that I was going to see the Bacon Brothers LIVE! And I was pretty excited.

David Rowell, the Executive Director at SPPAC began the show welcoming everyone and announcing that the center has now been open for 13 weeks and will be phasing into Act II as the summer approaches. It has been very successful thus far and David as well as myself are looking forward to all of the upcoming acts.

I ended up sitting second row center and felt like Kevin Bacon was looking at me directly!

The show was a big success; the audience was very into the show cheering, singing and dancing along in their chairs. I thoroughly enjoyed such a close up view of everything especially Kevin Bacon’s butt ;-) I also must admit that in the beginning I wanted to see then burst out and begin singing Footloose, but I knew better and sat back to relax.

Kevin played a whole variety of instruments from guitars, tambourines, harmonica, and drum all while dancing and singing though the show. Michael played the guitar and a beautiful carbon fiber cello while dazzling the audience. The rest of the band was very animated and seemed to be having lots of fun.

My favorite song of the night was New Year’s Day. The band came together rocking out while having so much fun!

Incase you missed seeing them at the Spruce Peak Performing Arts Center but see the touring elsewhere go and enjoy the show!

Stay Tuned for more spring updates!
-Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
We are an energetic group of men & women who all share a passion for skiing, riding and living a mountain lifestyle.