Monday, June 7, 2010

Music....Music....Music.....

Wow what a great weekend I experienced of listening to live music. Really made me realize how amazing Burlington VT's venues really are...Nothing like jamming out on a nice day with great friends!

All in one weekend I was lucky enough to see a blue grass festival at Shelburne Museum which included Alison Krauss and Union Station..What a voice she has and what a venue that is! Great crowd of people (all ages), nice and mellow. Always wanted to see her and now I have!

Next on the agenda was Michael Franti & Spearhead at the Champlain Valley Fair Grounds on Saturday night. One of my most favorite bands ever and to see them live is really AMAZING! A great vibe and music to boot. Franti ended the show with "Say Hey" and pulled every child in the crowd up on stage! Was really cool to see him interact with the kids and to listen to 10 year olds sing every lyric to the song!


Now I get to enjoy Jazz Fest all week/weekend in Burlington VT! Wow! Jazz Fest is an annual week June 4-13 of live music in various locations throughout Burlington (including the Waterfront Park). This year Stowe will be sponsoring Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings Thursday June 10th at 6pm on the Waterfront Park. It's going to be an insane show! I hope that you all get to enjoy Jazz Week in Burlington, it's definitely a sight to see.

~Danielle~

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
We are an energetic group of men & women who all share a passion for skiing, riding and living a mountain lifestyle.