Monday, June 21, 2010

Stowe Mountain Resort's International Sales Coordinator plays Fenway Park


I am a US Army Musician in "Vermont's Own" 40th Army Band. On June 12, 2010 we were chosen to play the National Anthem at Fenway Park in front of 38,000 crazy Red Sox fans. I had only been to this famous baseball field once in my life! Now, I had the chance to stand on a field where legends in Baseball have set foot. We were introduced as representing 3000 National Guard members from New England serving in Afghanistan. I stood at attention, my knees trembled and shivers shot down my spine. At that point, I realized where I was and why I was there. My knees trembled not because I was playing in the band or standing on a famous baseball field. It was because the notes that resonated out of my trumpet represented all of the courageous men and women deployed overseas and their families.

I will probably never have this amazing opportunity again in my lifetime and it is a story I will tell my grand children. So for all of you Red Sox fans out there, I want to thank you for giving me these amazing 90 seconds of playing time on your field; it really was an incredible experience.

Chris B.
US Army Musician
40th Army Band

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
We are an energetic group of men & women who all share a passion for skiing, riding and living a mountain lifestyle.